Human remains found on Hirakud Express
Visakhapatnam: Human remains stuffed in a suitcase and two bags were found today from Hirakud Express here by Government Railway Police (GRP), an official said.
"The remains were found stuffed in a suitcase and two bags which were found abandoned in S7 and S8 compartments of Hirakud Express which arrived here in the wee hours from Amritsar", said a GRP officer.
He said the victim appears to be a middle-aged male and could have been murdered in neighbouring Orissa.
According to police, the incident came to light after sanitary staff spotted the unclaimed luggage in the two compartments in the wee hours.
"The staff felt that something was amiss as they could not stand the stench emanating from the luggage", police said.
The train terminates at Visakhapatnam and the compartments were empty when the bags were found, they said.
The remains are sent to King George Hospital here for postmortem, police said, adding further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH