Hyd: Arguments on Reddys` bail plea to continue
Hyderabad: After hearing the arguments on the bail petitions of former Karnataka Minister Gali Janardhan Reddy, and Managing Director of Obulapuram Mining Corporation (OMC) B V Srinivas Reddy, the court here on Friday, adjourned the hearing to September 12.
The special CBI court is expected to pronounce the order at the next date after the arguments end.
Janardhan Reddy and his relative, Srinivas Reddy, were arrested by CBI on September 5, at Bellary in Karnataka in connection with alleged illegal mining.
Both are presently in the judicial custody and lodged at Chanchalguda Central Prison.
The CBI registered the case against the company on December 7, 2009 at the request of Andhra Pradesh government in the wake of allegations of illegal mining and irregularities in allotment of mining leases to OMC in Obulapuram and Malpanagudi villages of Anantapur district of the state.
The agency`s lawyer, seeking 15-day custody of the two accused, today contended that CBI needed to interrogate them as, OMC had "violated" several norms and illegal mining was worth crores of rupees.
However, defence counsels submitted that CBI had not produced any evidence to back its demand of custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder