Hyd blast: Rs 6 lakh compensation to those permanently disabled
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh government on Friday announced a compensation of Rs 6 lakh each to those who suffered permanent disability in the twin bomb blasts at Dilsukhnagar here, which claimed 16 lives and left over 100 injured.
The state government had already announced an ex-gratia payment of Rs 6 lakh each to the kin of those killed in the blasts yesterday.
Talking to reporters after a meeting Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy held with a group of ministers this afternoon, state Information and Public Relations Minister DK Aruna said 117 injured people were undergoing treatment in various hospitals in the city.
Condition of four of the injured was critical, she said.
"The government would bear the entire medical expenditure of all the injured," she added.
The government, while strongly condemning the bomb blasts, extended sympathies to the bereaved families.
It also thanked the central government for responding immediately to the terror attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Which Kapoor does Katrina like the most besides beau Ranbir?