Hyd court extends LeT operative`s police custody by two days
Hyderabad: A city court on Saturday extended
the police custody of alleged Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) operative
Mohammad Zia-Ul-Haq by two more days.
Haq alias Jani, who was arrested on May 3 on charge of
planning to cause explosions in crowded areas of Hyderabad,
was in police custody from May 7 for nine days.
The 34-year-old was produced before Additional Chief
Metropolitan Magistrate court here under tight security.
The Special Investigation Team (SIT) of Hyderabad City
Police, which had questioned Haq, sought seven more days of
custody of Haq for further investigation.
However, the judge granted two days police custody.
The SIT informed the court that they had seized hard
disks. Passports obtained by Haq in different names was also
verified during the police custody.
Phone call details, e-mail IDs of Haq among other
details were analysed and seven more days of police custody
were required to elicit more evidence, the SIT said in its
petition before the court.
Haq, who was arrested from Edibazar here following a
tip off by the NIA, was directed by his LeT handlers to bomb
the Hyderabad office of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu and was in
the process of carrying out the plan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez