Hyd police issues prohibitory orders ahead of OU exams
Hyderabad: In the wake of protests demanding cancellation of examinations of the Osmania University, that are scheduled from tomorrow, city police tonight imposed prohibitory orders at all the examination centres here for the smooth conduct of the tests.
"With a view to maintain public order and public peace and to prevent obstruction, Hyderabad Police Commissioner A K Khan ordered prohibition of any assembly of persons around 500 yards (under section 144 CrPC) at all the examination centres of OU Post Graduate exams," police said.
The prohibition order shall remain in force between 0800 hrs and 1800 hrs from tomorrow till February 7, they said.
The OU Students Joint Action Committee had earlier given a call for boycott of the examinations till a bill was introduced in Parliament for creation of separate Telangana state, even as pro-Telangana students and activists again indulged in stone pelting at police on the varsity campus this evening in support of the demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read