Hyd police issues prohibitory orders ahead of OU exams
Hyderabad: In the wake of protests demanding cancellation of examinations of the Osmania University, that are scheduled from tomorrow, city police tonight imposed prohibitory orders at all the examination centres here for the smooth conduct of the tests.
"With a view to maintain public order and public peace and to prevent obstruction, Hyderabad Police Commissioner A K Khan ordered prohibition of any assembly of persons around 500 yards (under section 144 CrPC) at all the examination centres of OU Post Graduate exams," police said.
The prohibition order shall remain in force between 0800 hrs and 1800 hrs from tomorrow till February 7, they said.
The OU Students Joint Action Committee had earlier given a call for boycott of the examinations till a bill was introduced in Parliament for creation of separate Telangana state, even as pro-Telangana students and activists again indulged in stone pelting at police on the varsity campus this evening in support of the demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested