Hyd Police nabs 12 chain-snatchers, seizes one kg gold jewels
Hyderabad: City Police has nabbed 12
chain-snatchers, including six members of a notorious gang,
who were allegedly involved in 42 snatching offences and
seized one kg gold ornaments valued at over Rs 16.5 lakh from
them, a senior police officer said on Tuesday.
Three chain-snatchers, who had committed 22 chain
snatching offences in different localities in twin cities of
Hyderabad, Secunderabad and also in Cyberabad were apprehended
and 60 tola gold ornaments was seized from their possession
by Begumpet Police late last night, Additional Commissioner of
Police (Crimes) K Narasimha Reddy told reporters here.
Similarly, Sultan Bazar Police, with the assistance of
Task Force and Central Crime Station teams, nabbed six-members
of a notorious gang between March 17 today and based on their
confession recovered 24 tolas of gold ornaments from them that
were snatched in 11 cases, the police officer said.
In yet another case, the East Zone Special team nabbed
three persons during vehicle checking at Amberpet area and
during interrogation the trio confessed to have committed nine
chain snatching offences and recovered 17 tola gold ornaments,
"Some of the accused were caught earlier in chain
snatching cases. While driving bikes, the accused used to
snatch gold chains from the neck of women while they were
walking on the roads," the police officer added.
Further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth