Hyd shootout: Rs 5 lakh reward for info on killers
Hyderabad: Hyderabad Police on Saturday announced
a reward of Rs 5 lakh for any person providing information
which would lead to the arrest of the culprits behind the
killing of a police constable here yesterday.
"Any person who provides information that leads to
detection and apprehension of the accused responsible for this
act (killing of Ramesh), will be rewarded with Rs 5 lakh by
the Police Department," a statement from Hyderabad City Police
Details of those giving information will never be shared
with anyone, it said.
Three unidentified assailants on a motorcycle, suspected
to be terror operatives, fired at least three rounds on U
Ramesh (26), who was posted in Shah-Ali Banda area in the
communally sensitive Old City area here, killing him on the
People were requested to pass on the information on cell
number 9700405060, or by sending an SMS on 9010100100 or even
by sending a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, the statement said.
An organisation Tehrik Galba-e-Islami has claimed
responsibility for the killing and it is the same outfit that
had claimed responsibility for killing one homeguard in
Falaknuma area that coincided with the second anniversary of
Mecca Masjid bomb blast here, the release said.
While police are pursuing all the leads available to
them, it is equally important that all the citizens,
particularly those who have information or suspicion about
those assailants who killed the policeman on duty or
information about future plans of the terrorists, share their
valuable information with the City Police, the release said.
"Such assailants could be living in your (public)
localities under pseudo names, moving suspiciously, taking
shelter in hotels, lodges or any place of public gathering and
so on," the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!