Hyd shootout: Rs 5 lakh reward for info on killers
Hyderabad: Hyderabad Police on Saturday announced
a reward of Rs 5 lakh for any person providing information
which would lead to the arrest of the culprits behind the
killing of a police constable here yesterday.
"Any person who provides information that leads to
detection and apprehension of the accused responsible for this
act (killing of Ramesh), will be rewarded with Rs 5 lakh by
the Police Department," a statement from Hyderabad City Police
Details of those giving information will never be shared
with anyone, it said.
Three unidentified assailants on a motorcycle, suspected
to be terror operatives, fired at least three rounds on U
Ramesh (26), who was posted in Shah-Ali Banda area in the
communally sensitive Old City area here, killing him on the
People were requested to pass on the information on cell
number 9700405060, or by sending an SMS on 9010100100 or even
by sending a mail to email@example.com, the statement said.
An organisation Tehrik Galba-e-Islami has claimed
responsibility for the killing and it is the same outfit that
had claimed responsibility for killing one homeguard in
Falaknuma area that coincided with the second anniversary of
Mecca Masjid bomb blast here, the release said.
While police are pursuing all the leads available to
them, it is equally important that all the citizens,
particularly those who have information or suspicion about
those assailants who killed the policeman on duty or
information about future plans of the terrorists, share their
valuable information with the City Police, the release said.
"Such assailants could be living in your (public)
localities under pseudo names, moving suspiciously, taking
shelter in hotels, lodges or any place of public gathering and
so on," the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today