Hyderabad belongs to all Andhra regions: Congress MP
Visakhapatnam: Congress MP Vundavalli Aruna Kumar on Thursday said that he was opposed to creation of Telangana and wanted constitution of 2nd States` Reorganisation Commission to look into such bifurcation demands.
He alleged that Telangna Rastra Samithi (TRS) was trying to drive a wedge between people of Telangana and those from coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema regions.
He said that people of Coastal Andhra and Rayalaseem regions have contributed immensely for the development of Hyderabad city.
"Hyderabad belongs to people from all regions of the state. People of Rayalaseema and coastal Andhra had contributed to development of the state capital and no one can lay any ownership claim on Hyderabad," the Rajahmundry MP said referring to the TRS` stand on the issue.
Kumar said he would try to convince MPs to oppose carving out of Telangana when the issue comes up for discussion in Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?