Hyderabad belongs to all Andhra regions: Congress MP
Visakhapatnam: Congress MP Vundavalli Aruna Kumar on Thursday said that he was opposed to creation of Telangana and wanted constitution of 2nd States` Reorganisation Commission to look into such bifurcation demands.
He alleged that Telangna Rastra Samithi (TRS) was trying to drive a wedge between people of Telangana and those from coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema regions.
He said that people of Coastal Andhra and Rayalaseem regions have contributed immensely for the development of Hyderabad city.
"Hyderabad belongs to people from all regions of the state. People of Rayalaseema and coastal Andhra had contributed to development of the state capital and no one can lay any ownership claim on Hyderabad," the Rajahmundry MP said referring to the TRS` stand on the issue.
Kumar said he would try to convince MPs to oppose carving out of Telangana when the issue comes up for discussion in Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test