Hyderabad bids a tearful adieu to Lance Naik Feroze Khan
Hyderabad: Scores of people and political leaders paid homage to Indian Army soldier Lance Naik Feroze Khan, who was killed in Pak firing.
Lance Naik Feroze Khan succumbed to serious injuries after Pakistani mortar firing near the Line of Control at Balakote in the Poonch sector of Jammu and Kashmir on Tuesday.
Naik Feroze Khan belonged to the Madras Regiment where he served for about 12 years.
The final rites of the deceased soldier were performed with military honours in the old city here on Thursday.
Andhra Pradesh BJP president G Kishan Reddy, YSR Congress president Y S Jaganmohan Reddy, Mayor Majid Hussain and other leaders paid tributes to the soldier`s departed soul.
Lance Naik`s family members including his little children were in grief and many people wept after seeing them.
Scores of local residents turned up to pay homage to Khan.
Meanwhile, an official release said here that full military honours were accorded to the soldier, before his mortal remains were laid to rest at a graveyard near his house located in the old city of Hyderabad.
Major General Cyrus Pithawala, AC, VSM, General Officer Commanding, Andhra Sub Area led the wreath laying ceremony at the graveyard where an army gun salute was accorded to Lance Naik Feroze Khan.
Wreaths were also placed on behalf of the Andhra Pradesh Governor, the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, the Chief of Army Staff and the General Officer Commanding Southern Command and General Officer Commanding Andhra, Tamilnadu, Karnataka and Kerala area, the release said.
A two-minute silence was also observed as a mark of respect to the departed soldier.
Rear Admiral K Srinivas of the Indian Navy and other senior army, air force, police and civil officers were present, while a large number of people paid their last respects to the brave soldier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured