Hyderabad blast accused Khwaja brought to Kolkata
Kolkata: The accused in Hyderabad serial
blasts case Sheikh Mohammad Khwaja alias Abdul Khwaja, who was arrested in Hyderabad in January, was brought here today on transit remand.
A city court ordered 14 days` police remand for
Khwaja, believed to be the `Commander-in-Chief` of
Shahid-Bilal terrorist outfit in Pakistan and the suspect in a
fake currency racket here.
Khwaja was allegedly involved in the terror attack at
Ajmer Sharif shrine and the serial blasts in Hyderabad
in October, 2007 and suspected to have close links with the
LeT and HuJI.
Khwaja was arrested from the southern city on January
18 following the grilling of three Bangladeshi nationals and
members of Shahid Bilal group - Md Abdullahil Baki (23), Md
Tahidur alias Madhu (27) and Abdur Rehaman alias Nafis Zafar
(21) - who were arrested from Babughat bus terminus in central Kolkata on November 17.
After interrogating the trio, police claimed to have
found that Khwaja tried to pump in Rs 30 lakh of fake currency
in the city.
Of the other accused, Md Abdullahil Baki (23) was
allegedly involved in the suicide attack at the Special
Task Force (STF) office in Hyderabad on October 12, 2005 and
Md Tahidur Rahaman was suspected to be involved in a terrorist attack in Patna-Delhi Shramjeevi express at Jaunpur in Uttar Pradesh in July, 2005, a senior police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH