Hyderabad blasts: 15 special teams constituted to crack case
Hyderabad: 15 special teams have been set up to crack the Dilsukhnagar twin blasts case even as Andhra Pradesh government on Saturday announced steps to ramp up security including installation of 3,500 CCTV cameras at vital points.
"We have already gathered vital clues in the case. We are confident we will crack the case soon," Home Minister P Sabita Indra Reddy said after a high-level review meeting chaired by Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy at the Secretariat here this afternoon.
She, however, said there was no clear information as to who was responsible for the blasts that rocked Hyderabad on Friday night leaving 16 dead and 117 injured.
The 15 teams set up to investigate the case will have 10 to 15 personnel each from various wings, she said.
Director General of National Investigation Agency SC Sinha discussed the probe process with state police officials, she said, adding that government was determined to take steps to ensure that such ghastly incidents do not recur.
"Since 1995, terrorists have been trying to cause havoc in Hyderabad. In some cases they executed their plans... (but) many terror strikes have been prevented," the minister pointed out.
The Home Minister said 3,500 closed-circuit cameras would be installed at vital locations under Hyderabad and Cyberabad police commissionerates to improve the vigil.
Meanwhile, Director General of Police V Dinesh Reddy briefed the Chief Minister about the progress in the probe. The Chief Minister directed the Medical and Health Department officials to continuously monitor the treatment of blast victims.
He also asked the Health Education Minister Kondru Murali Mohan to visit the hospitals and ensure that the managements did not harass the victims` relatives in any manner.
The state government would foot the entire bill of the treatment, the Chief Minister assured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!