Hyderabad blasts: 15 special teams constituted to crack case
Hyderabad: 15 special teams have been set up to crack the Dilsukhnagar twin blasts case even as Andhra Pradesh government on Saturday announced steps to ramp up security including installation of 3,500 CCTV cameras at vital points.
"We have already gathered vital clues in the case. We are confident we will crack the case soon," Home Minister P Sabita Indra Reddy said after a high-level review meeting chaired by Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy at the Secretariat here this afternoon.
She, however, said there was no clear information as to who was responsible for the blasts that rocked Hyderabad on Friday night leaving 16 dead and 117 injured.
The 15 teams set up to investigate the case will have 10 to 15 personnel each from various wings, she said.
Director General of National Investigation Agency SC Sinha discussed the probe process with state police officials, she said, adding that government was determined to take steps to ensure that such ghastly incidents do not recur.
"Since 1995, terrorists have been trying to cause havoc in Hyderabad. In some cases they executed their plans... (but) many terror strikes have been prevented," the minister pointed out.
The Home Minister said 3,500 closed-circuit cameras would be installed at vital locations under Hyderabad and Cyberabad police commissionerates to improve the vigil.
Meanwhile, Director General of Police V Dinesh Reddy briefed the Chief Minister about the progress in the probe. The Chief Minister directed the Medical and Health Department officials to continuously monitor the treatment of blast victims.
He also asked the Health Education Minister Kondru Murali Mohan to visit the hospitals and ensure that the managements did not harass the victims` relatives in any manner.
The state government would foot the entire bill of the treatment, the Chief Minister assured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- IT'S DISTURBING: Watch little Syrian girl singing before a bomb explodes
- Planning parenthood through surrogacy? Things you need to know
- When Muslim men chanted `Hindustan Zindabad`, `Pakistan Murdabad` slogans on Hyderabad roads – Watch
- US warns EU ahead of Apple tax evasion ruling
- Facebook, Twitter, Google failed to tackle terrorism: Panel