Hyderabad blasts: BJP calls for shutdown in Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has called for a shutdown in Andhra Pradesh on Friday to condemn the twin bomb blasts here, which killed 14 people and injured over 100.
BJP state president G Kishan Reddy appealed to all people to voluntarily observe the shutdown to protest the blasts and show their sympathies with the victims` families.
Talking to reporters, he said the state government failed to take steps to prevent the blasts despite warnings from the central intelligence agencies. He demanded the government to act firmly against terrorists.
Police have stepped up security in the city and other major towns in view of the shutdown call and Friday prayers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 2016 Rio Olympics: Russia bids to avoid ban as IOC reports new test failures
- What did she do that people tied her with rope and handed over to police? - Must read
- Assam flood situation grim, close to 3 lakh remain affected
- Sam Allardyce gets England job at second time of asking
- Multiple deaths reported in Munich shopping centre shooting, police operation underway