Hyderabad blasts: Judicial custody for 3 IM operatives till April 3
New Delhi: Three suspected Indian Mujahideen (IM) operatives, who were interrogated by the NIA for their alleged involvement in the February 21 twin blasts in Hyderabad, were on Wednesday remanded in judicial custody till April 3 by a Delhi court.
During an in-chamber hearing, district judge I S Mehta sent Obaid-Ur-Rehman, Syed Maqbool and Imran Khan to judicial custody after National Investigation Agency (NIA) said that their probe into the case is going on, court sources said. The three accused were produced before the court after expiry of their custodial interrogation by the NIA in connection with the twin blasts that had left 16 dead.
Rehman, who was brought here from Bangalore Central Jail, was earlier remanded in NIA custody after which the agency had sought custodial interrogation of Maqbool and Imran saying they have to be confronted with each other.
According to the sources, the NIA had told the court that they need to confront both Maqbool and Imran with Rehman as some conflicting statements have been given by them during their separate interrogation.
Maqbool and Imran were earlier remanded in NIA custody for five days by the court during which they were taken to Hyderabad in connection with the blasts. Rehman was remanded in NIA custody on March 13 after the agency submitted that his custodial interrogation was necessary to unearth the entire conspiracy behind the bombings.
Maqbool and Imran were lodged in Tihar Jail after they were arrested by Delhi Police in the August 2012 Pune blast case. The NIA had told the court that the duo had recced Hyderabad`s Dilsukhnagar area where the blasts took place.
The court had also issued non-bailable warrants against IM founder Riyaz Bhatkal and nine other operatives of the banned group in connection with the Hyderabad blasts -- Iqbal Bhatkal, Mohsim Chaudhary, Amir Reza Khan, Dr Shahnawaz Alam, Asadullah Akhtar, Ariz Khan, Mohd Khalid, Mirza Shadaab Beg and Mohd Sajid.
According to the sources, the NIA had told the judge that the conspiracy behind the Hyderabad blasts was hatched by the IM modules. The NIA had said that the blasts took place in Hyderabad on the alleged instructions of Riyaz Bhatkal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp