Hyderabad blasts: Rs 10L reward for info, 1 suspect caught on CCTV camera
Hyderabad: Amid reports of CCTV camera being sabotaged, an investigating team on Saturday reportedly claimed to have found crucial leads in the probe into Thursday`s twin blasts.
As the CCTV footage was examined on Friday, the needle of suspicion once again zeroed-in on banned militant outfit Indian Mujahideen.
Two bombs fastened to parked bicycles had ripped through Dilsukhnagar area on Thursday, leaving 16 people dead and injuring more than 100.
Police also announced Rs 10 lakh award for information leading to the perpetrators of serial blasts.
"We have already gathered vital clues in the case. We are confident we will crack the case soon," state Home Minister P Sabita Indra Reddy said after a high-level review meeting chaired by Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy.
The modus operandi adopted by the perpetrators like ammonium nitrate and splinters-laden aluminium containers fitted to bicycles used in the blasts were similar to the attacks carried out by Indian Mujahideen.
Without going into details, Hyderabad Commissioner of Police Anurag Sharma said, "We have some evidence, some clues".
"We have footage from the camera (at the blast site) which we are analysing," he said while refuting media reports that CCTV wires had been cut by the terrorists before their operation.
He, however, admitted that out of 303 CCTVs in the city, 38 were not functioning.
The Police Commissioner said they had received an alert from Delhi on February 15 about possible strikes in Hyderabad and three other cities. "We did not take any warning lightly".
Earlier in the day, in a major breakthrough, a man believed to be in his early thirties was seen reaching the site of the blast on a bicycle with a bag hung to its carrier a few minutes before the blasts.
The image has been captured by a CCTV camera mounted atop a traffic signal near the blast site.
Sources have told Zee News that the suspect is seen riding his bicycle towards one of the blast sites at 6:38 pm. Seven minutes later, he is seen returning on foot sans the bag which was hung to the bicycle’s carrier. The blast at Anand Tiffin Centre in front of Konark theatre took place at 6:58 pm. The second blast took place at 7:01 pm a few meters away. The bombs at both the places were planted on old bicycles.
The surveillance camera installed in front of Dilsukhnagar bus station captured the image of the suspect. However, as his face is not clearly visible, the police are taking the help of experts. The suspect is clad in a full-sleeved shirt and green trousers.
Though the CCTV camera is focused on the vehicles moving on the main road and not towards the corner where the blast occurred, the image of the suspect on bicycle could prove a vital clue in the investigations, sources said.
However, on Friday, the police had announced a suitable reward for anyone providing information about the suspect.
Cyberabad police commissioner D Tirumala Rao had assured that the identity of the person would be kept a secret and the reward could be anywhere between Rs 5 lakh to Rs 20 lakh depending on the investigations.
The National Investigation Agency (NIA) and forensic experts also gathered clues from the sites.
A pall of gloom descended on the otherwise busy Dilsukhnagar Road while heart rending scenes were witnessed at hospitals.
(With PTI/IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly