Hyderabad blasts - `United Jehad Council may be behind operation`
Hyderabad/New Delhi: Twin bomb blasts rocked Hyderabad on Thursday evening, killing at least 16 people and injuring over 100 others.
In the first terror strike in the city since 2007, the blasts triggered by Improvised Explosive Devices (IED) tied to two bicycles took place in Dilsukhnagar area, south of Musi River in the southern part of the Andhra Pradesh capital and about 15 km from the heart of the city, when the busy commercial area was crowded with people returning home.
The first blast took place around 7 pm near a tiffin centre opposite Venkatadri theatre and the second near Konark theatre.
Council (UJC)could be behind the blast. UJC, comprising of militant outfits like Jamiat-ul-Mujahideen (JuM), Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) and Al Badr, met on February 13 to plan revenge on India following the execution of Parliament attack accused Afzal Guru.
`delayed timer` for detonating the bombs used in the blasts. The `delayed timer` provides ample time for the bomb-planter to escape after placing the bomb.
Shinde drove to Dilsukhnagar and inspected the blasts scene along with Andhra Pradesh Governor ESL Narasimhan, Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, state Home Minister Sabita Indra Reddy and other officials. Director General of Police Dinesh Reddy briefed Shinde about the two near-simultaneous blasts in the crowded area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch