Hyderabad blasts - `United Jehad Council may be behind operation`
Hyderabad/New Delhi: Twin bomb blasts rocked Hyderabad on Thursday evening, killing at least 16 people and injuring over 100 others.
In the first terror strike in the city since 2007, the blasts triggered by Improvised Explosive Devices (IED) tied to two bicycles took place in Dilsukhnagar area, south of Musi River in the southern part of the Andhra Pradesh capital and about 15 km from the heart of the city, when the busy commercial area was crowded with people returning home.
The first blast took place around 7 pm near a tiffin centre opposite Venkatadri theatre and the second near Konark theatre.
Council (UJC)could be behind the blast. UJC, comprising of militant outfits like Jamiat-ul-Mujahideen (JuM), Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) and Al Badr, met on February 13 to plan revenge on India following the execution of Parliament attack accused Afzal Guru.
`delayed timer` for detonating the bombs used in the blasts. The `delayed timer` provides ample time for the bomb-planter to escape after placing the bomb.
Shinde drove to Dilsukhnagar and inspected the blasts scene along with Andhra Pradesh Governor ESL Narasimhan, Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, state Home Minister Sabita Indra Reddy and other officials. Director General of Police Dinesh Reddy briefed Shinde about the two near-simultaneous blasts in the crowded area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant