Hyderabad blasts: US Consulate shut after blasts
Hyderabad: A day after twin blasts rocked Hyderabad, the US Consulate in the city on Friday remained shut and issued an "emergency message" asking American nationals to be more vigilant.
"In light of the recent bomb blasts in the Hyderabad area of Dilsukhnagar, US citizens are reminded to maintain a high level of vigilance and take appropriate steps to increase their personal security awareness and report any suspicious activity to local authorities," the Consulate said.
Soon after the blast, the Consulate through the post on its website said that it will remain closed on Friday for visa and other services, "while the incident is being investigated".
"We are continuing to monitor the situation and urge US citizens to follow media reports for further updates," it said.
The US Consulate General in Hyderabad also asked its employees to remain vigilant in crowded areas such as public transportation systems.
"Until the police investigation in the area is concluded, US Consulate General Hyderabad employees are told to not travel to the impacted area, practice good security, and remain vigilant in crowded areas such as public transportation systems (subways, buses, and railway stations).
"US citizens in need of emergency services should contact our duty officer," it said.
State police has been put on high alert. Teams of NIA, NSG and other elite agencies today began investigation into the twin terror blasts that left 16 persons dead and 117 injured last night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi