Hyderabad blasts: Youth held for sending fake mail
Kheda: A 23-year-old engineering student was arrested on Sunday from Gujarat for allegedly sending a fake e-mail in the name of his former friend and her kin to some electronic media houses in the state claiming responsibility for the twin bomb blasts in Hyderabad.
"The youth, Shivam Vyas, was arrested tonight for allegedly sending a fake e-mail in the name of some persons with whom he had to settle personal scores," Kheda SP Makarand Chauhan told PTI.
According to the police, Vyas, who appears mentally deranged, had also tried to implicate the girl, her father and her brother, besides some of her friends, in the 2010 Pune German bakery bomb blast case as well through the e-mail.
"He sent a fake e-mail to some media houses naming a girl, her father, brother and her friends, who he claimed were responsible for Hyderabad twin blasts and the explosion at the German bakery in Pune," Chauhan said.
The SP said that Vyas has confessed to sending the e-mail by creating a fake e-mail ID, in a bid to settle personal scores.
"He seems mentally disoriented and wanted to teach a lesson to the girl with whom he had shared good friendship earlier," Chauhan said.
A complaint has been registered against him and further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions