Hyderabad blasts: Youth held for sending fake mail
Kheda: A 23-year-old engineering student was arrested on Sunday from Gujarat for allegedly sending a fake e-mail in the name of his former friend and her kin to some electronic media houses in the state claiming responsibility for the twin bomb blasts in Hyderabad.
"The youth, Shivam Vyas, was arrested tonight for allegedly sending a fake e-mail in the name of some persons with whom he had to settle personal scores," Kheda SP Makarand Chauhan told PTI.
According to the police, Vyas, who appears mentally deranged, had also tried to implicate the girl, her father and her brother, besides some of her friends, in the 2010 Pune German bakery bomb blast case as well through the e-mail.
"He sent a fake e-mail to some media houses naming a girl, her father, brother and her friends, who he claimed were responsible for Hyderabad twin blasts and the explosion at the German bakery in Pune," Chauhan said.
The SP said that Vyas has confessed to sending the e-mail by creating a fake e-mail ID, in a bid to settle personal scores.
"He seems mentally disoriented and wanted to teach a lesson to the girl with whom he had shared good friendship earlier," Chauhan said.
A complaint has been registered against him and further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'