Hyderabad blasts: Youth held for sending fake mail
Kheda: A 23-year-old engineering student was arrested on Sunday from Gujarat for allegedly sending a fake e-mail in the name of his former friend and her kin to some electronic media houses in the state claiming responsibility for the twin bomb blasts in Hyderabad.
"The youth, Shivam Vyas, was arrested tonight for allegedly sending a fake e-mail in the name of some persons with whom he had to settle personal scores," Kheda SP Makarand Chauhan told PTI.
According to the police, Vyas, who appears mentally deranged, had also tried to implicate the girl, her father and her brother, besides some of her friends, in the 2010 Pune German bakery bomb blast case as well through the e-mail.
"He sent a fake e-mail to some media houses naming a girl, her father, brother and her friends, who he claimed were responsible for Hyderabad twin blasts and the explosion at the German bakery in Pune," Chauhan said.
The SP said that Vyas has confessed to sending the e-mail by creating a fake e-mail ID, in a bid to settle personal scores.
"He seems mentally disoriented and wanted to teach a lesson to the girl with whom he had shared good friendship earlier," Chauhan said.
A complaint has been registered against him and further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi