‘Hyderabad Metro Rail phase-I to be completed by 2014’
Hyderabad: Works related to Hyderabad Metro Rail are progressing at a brisk pace and phase-1 of the project will be completed by 2014 as per schedule despite the "challenges," officials said.
"Year 2012 is a landmark for Hyderabad Metro Rail (HMR). Belying doom-sayers` predictions, works on the project are progressing at a brisk pace and we have so far completed construction of 351 piers in three stages. Other major works like workshops and central control room, etc. Are also progressing fast," HMR managing director NVS Reddy and L&T Metro Rail Hyderabad Limited managing director VB Gadgil said.
They told mediapersons late last night that HMR would have a state-of-the-art Communication-based Train Control System, the first-of-its-kind in India.
"Structures and systems being used for HMR will also be far, far superior. We will also have aesthetic, linear and beautiful metro stations with cantilever designs," they added.
Each metro station would be built on a single pier.
The first consignment of rails for the project would arrive from France in the first week of February.
"We are quite aware of the challenges in urban infrastructure development. But challenges are like tonic for L&T," Gadgil noted.
Not only the country but also the world was looking at the HMR project as it was the largest such project taken up in Public-Private Partnership mode.
"There are differences (between HMR and L&T) but they are issue-based. We are sorting them out. The project will set benchmarks," Gadgil said in reply to a question.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath's speech on his first visit to Gorakhpur after becoming UP CM
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?