‘Hyderabad Metro Rail phase-I to be completed by 2014’
Hyderabad: Works related to Hyderabad Metro Rail are progressing at a brisk pace and phase-1 of the project will be completed by 2014 as per schedule despite the "challenges," officials said.
"Year 2012 is a landmark for Hyderabad Metro Rail (HMR). Belying doom-sayers` predictions, works on the project are progressing at a brisk pace and we have so far completed construction of 351 piers in three stages. Other major works like workshops and central control room, etc. Are also progressing fast," HMR managing director NVS Reddy and L&T Metro Rail Hyderabad Limited managing director VB Gadgil said.
They told mediapersons late last night that HMR would have a state-of-the-art Communication-based Train Control System, the first-of-its-kind in India.
"Structures and systems being used for HMR will also be far, far superior. We will also have aesthetic, linear and beautiful metro stations with cantilever designs," they added.
Each metro station would be built on a single pier.
The first consignment of rails for the project would arrive from France in the first week of February.
"We are quite aware of the challenges in urban infrastructure development. But challenges are like tonic for L&T," Gadgil noted.
Not only the country but also the world was looking at the HMR project as it was the largest such project taken up in Public-Private Partnership mode.
"There are differences (between HMR and L&T) but they are issue-based. We are sorting them out. The project will set benchmarks," Gadgil said in reply to a question.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday