Hyderabad Metro to be functional by the end of 2014
Hyderabad: The Hyderabad Metro Rail will hit the tracks by the end of 2014 and ferry about 15 lakh passengers every day, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy said here Sunday.
Speaking after inaugurating certain works of Hyderabad Metro, he said the first trial run would be held in June 2014.
The project needs to be completed on time, or the government would have to pay a penalty of Rs 32 lakhs if it is delayed even by a day and the concessionaire would have to pay Rs 62 lakhs if the delay is on its part, he said.
Highlighting the slew of welfare measures being implemented by his government, Reddy said legal status is being accorded to the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes special component plan.
The government would not compromise on ensuring law and order in Hyderabad, he added.
Meanwhile, the absence of Union Minister S Jaipal Reddy from the programme triggered speculation that he was upset about not being invited in a proper manner. However, the Chief Minister told reporters later in the evening that he was not aware of the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok