Hyderabad police asks malls, theatres to install CCTVs
Hyderabad: In the wake of Thursday`s terror attacks, Hyderabad police have directed all theatres, shopping malls, major hotels, business establishments and large government and private buildings to install metal detectors and CCTVs.
Hyderabad Police Commissioner Anurag Sharma Monday issued orders directing such establishments to take measures to provide security to customers and people visiting their premises.
They were also directed to ensure thorough frisking of people and not to allow parking of vehicles in front of the buildings.
The police commissioner issued the orders to all owners of cinema theatres, shopping malls, star hotels, lodges, big establishments, entertainment places and large government/private buildings in the twin cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad.
The orders came in the wake of Thursday`s twin bomb blasts at the crowded Dilsukhnagar area, killing 16 people and injuring more than 115 others.
According to a release from the police commissioner`s office, the malls, hotels and others were asked to install door-frame metal detector at all entry points
"Install closed-circuit TVs for observing and recording suspicious movements/ activities, the recordings of which have to be kept in safe custody for a minimum period of one month," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof