Hyderabad Police further relaxes day curfew
Hyderabad: With the situation in the communal
riot-hit localities here remaining peaceful during the curfew
relaxation period on Wednesday, the city police decided to further
lift the day-curfew tomorrow.
No untoward incident was reported from the localities of
Old City here during the curfew relaxation period and it was
decided to relax curfew for 12 hours between 6.00 am and 6.00 pm
tomorrow, officials said.
Following violent clashes between two communities, the
City police had imposed indefinite curfew in 17 police station
areas of South Zone from March 29 and eight police station
areas of West, Central and East zones from March 30.
Two persons were killed and over 90 others were injured
in the communal clashes that witnessed arson, attacks,
stabbing, heavy stone pelting and burning of vehicles in
several localities of the Old City between March 27 and 31.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday