Hyderabad Police further relaxes day curfew
Hyderabad: With the situation in the communal
riot-hit localities here remaining peaceful during the curfew
relaxation period on Wednesday, the city police decided to further
lift the day-curfew tomorrow.
No untoward incident was reported from the localities of
Old City here during the curfew relaxation period and it was
decided to relax curfew for 12 hours between 6.00 am and 6.00 pm
tomorrow, officials said.
Following violent clashes between two communities, the
City police had imposed indefinite curfew in 17 police station
areas of South Zone from March 29 and eight police station
areas of West, Central and East zones from March 30.
Two persons were killed and over 90 others were injured
in the communal clashes that witnessed arson, attacks,
stabbing, heavy stone pelting and burning of vehicles in
several localities of the Old City between March 27 and 31.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon