Hyderabad Police further relaxes day curfew
Hyderabad: With the situation in the communal
riot-hit localities here remaining peaceful during the curfew
relaxation period on Wednesday, the city police decided to further
lift the day-curfew tomorrow.
No untoward incident was reported from the localities of
Old City here during the curfew relaxation period and it was
decided to relax curfew for 12 hours between 6.00 am and 6.00 pm
tomorrow, officials said.
Following violent clashes between two communities, the
City police had imposed indefinite curfew in 17 police station
areas of South Zone from March 29 and eight police station
areas of West, Central and East zones from March 30.
Two persons were killed and over 90 others were injured
in the communal clashes that witnessed arson, attacks,
stabbing, heavy stone pelting and burning of vehicles in
several localities of the Old City between March 27 and 31.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- School dropout biggest crisis in India, says Singapore Deputy PM
- Italy quake death toll hits 278, state funeral planned
- Jigisha killer Ravi Kapoor convicted in taxi-driver murder case
- Records aside, US Open getting personal for Serena Williams
- World Risk Report 2016: India ranks 77th in world disaster risk index