Hyderabad police intensify search for kidnapped d
Hyderabad: A special team of Hyderabad police Wednesday intensified their search for a doctor who was allegedly kidnapped for ransom.
Police traced the mobile phone of Harsha Reddy, a radiologist at Yashoda Hospital, in neighbouring Nalgonda district. The police suspect the kidnappers threw the doctor`s mobile phone at Durajpalli and it was recovered from a villager who had picked it up from the roadside.
Following the recovery of the phone, the police intensified checking along the Hyderabad-Suryapet highway in Nalgonda district.
Harsha Reddy, 31, had left Yashoda Hospital, located in the Malakpet area of the city, Monday evening and has since been untraceable. He had told his friends that he was going for a long drive. When he did not return home, his friends alerted the hospital and the police.
The doctor`s parents in Vijayawada received a call on their landline phone Tuesday evening with the caller demanding Rs.40 lakh as ransom.
Harsha Reddy`s parents lodged a complaint of kidnapping with the Chaderghat police station in Hyderabad Wednesday.
A police officer said they have constituted four special teams to trace the doctor. The investigating officers are also analyzing the CCTV footage of Harsha Reddy leaving the hospital Monday evening.
The doctor was staying with his friend in a flat near the hospital. His wife is a student of Manipal Medical College in Karnataka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...