Hyderabad police nab serial killer for murdering eight women
Hyderabad: A serial killer who had been convicted for life for murdering eight women and was on the run after escaping from a hospital here since December 2011, was arrested today along with another person, for allegedly murdering five more women for monetary gain, the police said.
The accused Maina Ramulu alias Maina Sailu, along with B Narasimha, both working at a stone crushing unit in IDA Bollarum here were arrested from a toddy shop in Suchitra area in connection with the murder of five prostitutes in different areas of the city since April 2012, Hyderabad Police Commissioner Anurag Sharma told reporters.
Sailu, who was arrested by the Cyberabad police for killing nine people including eight prostitutes and a man for monetary gains since 2003, was convicted to life imprisonment by a court in February 2011.
However, he escaped from the Institute of Mental Health at Erragadda along with five other life convicts on December 30, 2011, after cutting the grills of the window of the prisoners` ward, after he was shifted to the hospital from Cherlapally jail for treatment, Sharma explained.
After escaping from the hospital, Sailu continued going to toddy shops, luring women with money, taking them to isolated places and strangulating them with their sarees, before fleeing with their gold ornaments, the commissioner said.
Sailu had lured two women from toddy shops and murdered them under Chandanagar police station limits during April and May 2012.
Later, Sailu came in contact with Narasimha and the duo murdered two more women in the same fashion last year, under Dundigal and Bowenpally police station limits last year, besides murdering another woman last month at Bowenpally, Sharma said.
"Not only murders, Sailu was also involved in other crimes including robbery, house breaking and thefts of valuables and two-wheelers under different police stations limits," he said, adding, the duo have confessed to the murder of five women
"Psychoanalysis would be conducted on Sailu to enable police to know the exact motive behind the murders, besides monetary gain, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda