Hyderabad, Telangana region hit by bandh
Hyderabad: Normal life was affected across Telangana region of Andhra Pradesh on Wednesday as the bandh called by Telangana Joint Action Committee in support of a separate state began this morning.
The bandh call had its impact since last night as the Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation (APSRTC) and railways suspended their services.
The APSRTC suspended over 9000 buses plying in Telangana region and those going towards Vijayawada. Thousands of city buses in Hyderabad were cancelled due to which passengers had a tough time reaching their destinations. Many of them were stranded at various places.
Private vehicles and auto drivers had a field day in Hyderabad and other places as commuters had no other option except paying the high fare demanded by them.
Heavy police force has been deployed across the region to avoid any untoward incident. Prohibitory orders under section 144 have been clamped in Hyderabad and other places.
The JAC, comprising Congress, Telugu Desam, BJP and TRS and number of Telangana outfits, would meet in the evening to chalk out their future course of action on the Telangana issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought