Hyderabad to have Cyber crimes police station soon
Hyderabad: Hyderabad City Police will soon
set up a exclusive `Cyber Crimes Police station` to deal with
cyber complaints, a top police officer said here today.
"An exclusive `Cyber Crimes Police station` will be set
up at the Central Crime Station (CCS)-- a wing of Hyderabad
City Police soon. It will register complaints and investigate
cases pertaining to cyber crimes," Hyderabad City Commissioner
of Police A K Khan told reporters here.
He said automated traffic signals and a vehicle (with
speed cameras) to monitor and detect over speeding vehicles
will also be launched as part of the Traffic Police
Meanwhile, giving details on the upcoming `Cyber Crimes
Police station`, a senior police official told PTI, that as of
now the Detective Department`s Cyber Crime Cell is assisting
Law and Order agencies in investigating cyber crimes under
Hyderabad Police Commissionerate.
These agencies are flooded on cyber crimes complaints
ranging from e-mail hacking, SMS and Internet chat abuse,
obscene e-mails, source code theft, credit card and Nigerian
frauds and other related crimes, the police official said.
"As lot of complaints were being received by internet
users the law and order police stations were unable to
concentrate on the cyber crimes being reported because it
requires specialist training and equipment to deal with these
cases," the police official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter