Hyderabad twin blasts case: NIA files second chargesheet
A second chargesheet has been filed by the National Investigation Agency (NIA) in the case of February 2013 Dilsukhnagar twin blasts here against absconding Indian Mujahideen founder Riyaz Bhatkal and two other IM operatives.
Hyderabad: A second chargesheet has been filed by the National Investigation Agency (NIA) in the case of February 2013 Dilsukhnagar twin blasts here against absconding Indian Mujahideen founder Riyaz Bhatkal and two other IM operatives.
The agency yesterday filed the second charge sheet in the case before the special court for NIA cases here against three top IM operatives - Mohammad Riyaz alias Riyaz Bhatkal, Zia-ur-Rahman alias Waqas, a Pakistani national, and Tahaseen Akhtar alias Monu.
The NIA claimed that the main operative of the module was Riyaz Bhatkal, the first accused in the case, and efforts to arrest the absconding accused will continue after filing of the charge sheet.
The accused have been charged with murder and other relevant sections of IPC, sections 3 & 5 of Explosive Substances Act 1908 and under relevant provisions of the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act 1967, a NIA statement said.
"Investigation of NIA has conclusively established, through evidence, that the main operative of the module Riyaz Bhatkal (A-1), while hiding in a neighbouring country, hatched a criminal conspiracy along with Ahmed Siddappa alias Yasin Bhatkal who was hiding in another neighbouring country, along with the three other accused who were in India," it said.
Eighteen persons were killed and 131 injured in the deadly twin explosions that were triggered by powerful IEDs planted near Konark and Venkatadiri theatres in Dilsukhnagar, a crowded shopping area in the city on February 21 last year.
The NIA had on March 14 this year filed its first charge sheet in the case against IM co-founder Yasin Bhatkal and Asadullah Akhtar alias Haddi, who were earlier arrested on the Indo-Nepal border.