Hyderabad twin blasts: Case registered
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh Police has registered a case on the twin blasts that ripped through a crowded market in Dilsukhnagar area of the state capital, leaving 16 dead and 120 injured.
The case was registered at Saroornagar Police Station under relevant sections of IPC on charges of sedition, promoting enmity between two groups on grounds of religion, voluntarily causing hurt by using dangerous weapons, conspiracy and also under Explosives Act, a senior police official said.
Some of the sections of IPC mentioned include 324, 326, 307, 302, 124-A, 153-A, 201 read with 120-B, he said.
Meanwhile, it has come to light that Hyderabad city Police Commissioner Anurag Sharma had offered prayers at the famous Saibaba Temple in Dilshuknagar area, which is a few hundred yards away from the blast site, minutes before two blasts took place.
"The commissioner visited the temple at 6.30 pm. As a security precaution, there were more police than usual," a police official said.
The first blast took place at 6:58 pm yesterday.
Devotees throng the temple on Thursdays, which is considered special for Saibaba, to offer prayers making the area highly crowded.
The famous Saibaba temple at Dilsukhnagar witnessed a blast in 2002 in which two persons were killed and several others injured. Another senior official said two CCTV cameras installed on traffic posts at Dilsukhnagar bus stand.
However, it was found that one was not functioning.
When asked about the possibility of capturing blast images by the camera, he said it may not be possible as they were focused towards traffic.
He, however, said they are in the process of going through the footage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official