Hyderabad twin blasts: Case registered
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh Police has registered a case on the twin blasts that ripped through a crowded market in Dilsukhnagar area of the state capital, leaving 16 dead and 120 injured.
The case was registered at Saroornagar Police Station under relevant sections of IPC on charges of sedition, promoting enmity between two groups on grounds of religion, voluntarily causing hurt by using dangerous weapons, conspiracy and also under Explosives Act, a senior police official said.
Some of the sections of IPC mentioned include 324, 326, 307, 302, 124-A, 153-A, 201 read with 120-B, he said.
Meanwhile, it has come to light that Hyderabad city Police Commissioner Anurag Sharma had offered prayers at the famous Saibaba Temple in Dilshuknagar area, which is a few hundred yards away from the blast site, minutes before two blasts took place.
"The commissioner visited the temple at 6.30 pm. As a security precaution, there were more police than usual," a police official said.
The first blast took place at 6:58 pm yesterday.
Devotees throng the temple on Thursdays, which is considered special for Saibaba, to offer prayers making the area highly crowded.
The famous Saibaba temple at Dilsukhnagar witnessed a blast in 2002 in which two persons were killed and several others injured. Another senior official said two CCTV cameras installed on traffic posts at Dilsukhnagar bus stand.
However, it was found that one was not functioning.
When asked about the possibility of capturing blast images by the camera, he said it may not be possible as they were focused towards traffic.
He, however, said they are in the process of going through the footage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!