Hyderabad will need of two more airports in future: KCR
Hyderabad: Hyderabad will require at least two more airports in the near future as the city`s population is expected to touch three crore with the development of the Information Technology Investment Region, according to Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao.
"Hyderabad`s population in 2014 is 94 lakh. We are soon to develop a Rs 2.30 lakh crore ITIR that will create two more Hyderabads and the population will shoot up to three crore. So, we will require at least two more airports to the east and north of the city to cater to the additional population," Rao said.
He was addressing a workshop `Re-inventing Telangana` at the Marri Channa Reddy Human Resources Development Institute here today.
He said satellite towns would have to be developed in a 100-km radius of Hyderabad.
"We have to de-congest Hyderabad. We need a rapid rail system to connect the satellite towns and bring people to Hyderabad, say in 21 minutes. We also have to develop Metro Rail on similar lines," he said.
An additional Outer Ring Road 100-km away from the existing ORR also should be developed. All industrial development should be away from the ORR, he said.
KCR said his government would soon come out with a new industrial and land (allotment) policy to promote industrial growth not only in Hyderabad but also other regions of the new state.
"As much as 35 lakh acres of vacant land is available with the government. Of this 2.20 lakh acres is in place for immediate use of industries in all the districts of Telangana. In my constituency Gajwel, which is just about 50 kms away from Hyderabad, 24,000 acres of land is available for industrial development. In neighbouring Ranga Reddy district also about 30,000 acres is readily available," Rao said.
"We have to accordingly plan industrial development. We should promote industries in all districts with new innovations," he added.
The Chief Minister said Andhra Pradesh was "no competition at all" to Telangana in any sector.
"We are in the bracket of Gujarat, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka. AP is no competition at all," he remarked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Jharkhand: Firing during Dhanbad municipal elections, many injured
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- CBSE (cbse.nic.in ) Class X results 2015: CBSE Class 10th Board results likely to be declared tomorrow on cbseresults.nic.in