I did no wrong, says Andhra minister
Hyderabad: With the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) seeking sanction of the Andhra Pradesh government to prosecute senior cabinet minister Dharmana Prasada Rao in the case of YS Jaganmohan Reddy`s illegal assets, the minister Sunday claimed he was innocent.
Minister for Roads and Buildings Dharmana Prasada Rao, who submitted his resignation last month after the CBI filed a chargesheet against him, told reporters here Sunday that he met Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy Saturday night and offered an explanation.
The chief minister has still to take a decision on the resignation submitted by his cabinet colleague, but he is expected to respond soon to the CBI`s request for sanction to prosecute Rao.
The CBI special court has summoned Rao and two senior bureaucrats to appear before the court on Sep 25. The summons were issued with regard to the fourth chargesheet filed in the case Aug 13.
The court also issued prisoner transit warrants for Jaganmohan Reddy, former minister Mopidevi Venkataramana and industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad, who are all lodged in a jail here.
The charges relate to allotment of 28,000 acres of land to Vadrevu and Nizampatnam Ports & Industrial Corridor (Vanpic), for which the then government of YS Rajasekhara Reddy had signed a memorandum of understanding with Ras Al Khaimah emirate of UAE.
The CBI in May this year had arrested Venkataramana, the excise minister. He resigned from the cabinet the same day.
Dharmana Rao was holding revenue portfolio and Venkataramana infrastructure and investment in the cabinet of Rajasekhara Reddy.
Dharmana Rao, however, told reporters Sunday that he did no wrong and only discharged his duties as a minister.
"Without a cabinet decision, not a single acre of land can be allotted by the revenue minister or even the chief minister to any person or any organisation. The business rules are very clear in this regard," he said.
The minister said the CBI had only made some charges against him; he could not be considered convicted on the basis of the charges, unless they are proved in court. Rao said he was condifent that his innocence would be established.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- CBSE Class 12th Board Exam Results 2015: cbseresults.nic.in crashes