I-T Dept slaps showcause notices on Jagan Reddy
Hyderabad: The Income Tax Department has
slapped showcause and demand notices to the tune of Rs 122
crore on YS Jaganmohan Reddy, a former Congress MP that owns
Jagathi Publications (JPPL), for mismatching amounts reported
in company records.
The notice assumes significance as Jagan Reddy announced
a new party -- the YSR Congress Party -- just two days ago.
When contacted, sources close to the Income Tax
Department confirmed the issuance of a notice to Jagathi and
said the matter is with the assessment department.
"The matter is with the Assessment wing and they are
assessing the case," sources said.
Jagathi Publications is into various media activities
like publishing a Telugu Daily Sakshi and running a 24-hour
news channel TV, also Sakshi.
Jagan Reddy reportedly paid Rs 84 crore as advance tax in
September last year, anticipating an income of Rs 500 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report