I-T seeks docs from CBI regarding Jagan probe
Hyderabad: The Income Tax department on Monday
approached a local court seeking copies of the documents
seized by CBI during the probe of corruption allegations
against Kadapa MP Y S Jaganmohan Reddy and the alleged
irregularities in the Emaar Properties land deal.
I-T officials here have filed two applications before the
special CBI court, seeking directions to the central probe
agency to provide information on the seized material, so that
they could frame pending assessment of Jagan, of some
companies owned by him and the Emaar Hill Township Pvt Ltd.
The I-T Department says it has to complete the assessment
by December 31, within the statutory period of limitation
under the Income Tax Act.
The court posted the matter for hearing to November 2.
A similar application filed earlier by Bangalore I-T
officials, seeking information found by CBI in the raids
regarding Jaganmohan`s cases, would be heard on the same day.
The I-T officials had first approached the CBI for
information and documents, but the latter asked them to seek
In August this year, CBI registered a case against Jagan the son of former Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister late Y S
Rajasekhara Reddy on the instructions of High Court for
cheating, criminal conspiracy, criminal breach of trust and
offences under Prevention of Corruption Act.
The CBI, which has been probing investments by various
firms into Jagan`s businesses, alleges in its FIR that he
conspired with his father and others to "cheat the government
of Andhra Pradesh in the matter of granting certain favours to
The CBI has also registered a case in connection with the
alleged irregularities in APIIC-Emaar Properties land deal
against former Chairman and MD of Andhra Pradesh Industrial
Infrastructure Corporation, B P Acharya and Emaar Group on the
direction of the High Court.
According to CBI, Acharya, currently Principal Secretary
(Home), entered into a criminal conspiracy with Emaar Group
officials and unknown public servants to cheat APIIC. One of
the allegations is that Emaar sold plots at Gachibowli here at
below-the-market prices, without the knowledge of APIIC,
causing the Corporation a loss.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt