IAS officer arrested in OMC mining scam
Hyderabad: The CBI on Monday arrested IAS
officer Y Srilakshmi in connection with the scam involving
Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC), owned by former Karnataka
Minister Gali Janardhan Reddy.
Already named as one of the accused in the case,
Srilakshmi is the fourth person to be arrested by the agency.
The officer, who was secretary of Andhra Pradesh
Industrial Department during the tenure of late chief minister
Y S Rajasekhar Reddy, was arrested on charge of showing
favouritism in allotting mining lease to OMC, a senior CBI
Srilakshmi had been questioned earlier by CBI officials
three-four times, seeking details of leases allotted during
2004 to 2009.
After the arrest, she was taken to Nampally criminal
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic