IAS officer arrested in OMC mining scam
Hyderabad: The CBI on Monday arrested IAS
officer Y Srilakshmi in connection with the scam involving
Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC), owned by former Karnataka
Minister Gali Janardhan Reddy.
Already named as one of the accused in the case,
Srilakshmi is the fourth person to be arrested by the agency.
The officer, who was secretary of Andhra Pradesh
Industrial Department during the tenure of late chief minister
Y S Rajasekhar Reddy, was arrested on charge of showing
favouritism in allotting mining lease to OMC, a senior CBI
Srilakshmi had been questioned earlier by CBI officials
three-four times, seeking details of leases allotted during
2004 to 2009.
After the arrest, she was taken to Nampally criminal
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy