IAS officer arrested in OMC mining scam
Hyderabad: The CBI on Monday arrested IAS
officer Y Srilakshmi in connection with the scam involving
Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC), owned by former Karnataka
Minister Gali Janardhan Reddy.
Already named as one of the accused in the case,
Srilakshmi is the fourth person to be arrested by the agency.
The officer, who was secretary of Andhra Pradesh
Industrial Department during the tenure of late chief minister
Y S Rajasekhar Reddy, was arrested on charge of showing
favouritism in allotting mining lease to OMC, a senior CBI
Srilakshmi had been questioned earlier by CBI officials
three-four times, seeking details of leases allotted during
2004 to 2009.
After the arrest, she was taken to Nampally criminal
- Bizarre selfie craze: 15-year-old boy shoots self in Pathankot, lands in hospital
- Quota stir in Gujarat phase-II: Hardik Patel's PAAS to begin 'lollipop Mahotsav' protest from today
- Real Estate Act, designed to protect consumer interest, comes into force from today
- What an idea! Here's why NCP workers in Maharashtra danced in 'Nagin' style - Watch video
- John Kerry to travel to Geneva on Sunday in show of support for Syria ceasefire: US