IAS officer Srilakshmi remanded to CBI custody
Hyderabad: Senior IAS officer Y Srilakshmi,
arrested in connection with the alleged illegal mining case
involving Janardhan Reddy-owned Obulapuram Mining Company, was
on Tuesday remanded to three-day CBI custody by a local court.
Srilakshmi was produced before the special court for CBI
cases here which sent her to three-day custody and directed
the central agency to produce her before it on December 1 by 4
Srilakshmi, now Commissioner of Health & Family Welfare,
was arrested by the CBI yesterday for her alleged role in the
criminal conspiracy and abusing her official position and
showing favours to OMC in her capacity as the then secretary,
Industries and Commerce department.
The CBI had earlier sought 15-day custodial interrogation
of the senior IAS officer, accusing her of clearing the mining
lease of 68.5 hectares at Obulapuram in Anantapur district of
Andhra Pradesh in favour of OMC while overlooking bids made by
other mining companies.
Srilakshmi is one of the accused in the illegal mining
case along with Janardhan Reddy, OMC Managing Director B V
Srinivas Reddy and then mines director V D Rajagopal, all of
whom are in jail.
Following allegations of large scale illegal mining and
irregularities in allotment of mining leases to OMC in Bellary
Reserve Forest area in Obulapuram and Malpanagudi villages of
Ananatapur district, the CBI had registered a case against OMC
on December 7, 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore