IAS officer Srilakshmi remanded to CBI custody
Hyderabad: Senior IAS officer Y Srilakshmi,
arrested in connection with the alleged illegal mining case
involving Janardhan Reddy-owned Obulapuram Mining Company, was
on Tuesday remanded to three-day CBI custody by a local court.
Srilakshmi was produced before the special court for CBI
cases here which sent her to three-day custody and directed
the central agency to produce her before it on December 1 by 4
Srilakshmi, now Commissioner of Health & Family Welfare,
was arrested by the CBI yesterday for her alleged role in the
criminal conspiracy and abusing her official position and
showing favours to OMC in her capacity as the then secretary,
Industries and Commerce department.
The CBI had earlier sought 15-day custodial interrogation
of the senior IAS officer, accusing her of clearing the mining
lease of 68.5 hectares at Obulapuram in Anantapur district of
Andhra Pradesh in favour of OMC while overlooking bids made by
other mining companies.
Srilakshmi is one of the accused in the illegal mining
case along with Janardhan Reddy, OMC Managing Director B V
Srinivas Reddy and then mines director V D Rajagopal, all of
whom are in jail.
Following allegations of large scale illegal mining and
irregularities in allotment of mining leases to OMC in Bellary
Reserve Forest area in Obulapuram and Malpanagudi villages of
Ananatapur district, the CBI had registered a case against OMC
on December 7, 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Indian submarine documents stolen, not leaked: French source
- Stephen Constantine names probable squad for Puerto Rico match
- RBI lets banks issue masala bonds, to accept corporate bonds in LAF
- Angry Mehbooba ends press meet with Rajnath abruptly
- Triple treble: How Usain Bolt stormed to another set of gold medals at Rio Olympics – VIDEO