IAS officer Y Srilakshmi questioned by CBI
Hyderabad: A senior IAS officer and
Commissioner of Family Welfare Y Srilakshmi was questioned by
the CBI officials on Thursday in connection with the Obulapuram
Mining Company case.
Srilakshmi, one of the accused in the case along with
OMC owner and former Karnataka Minister Gali Janardhana Reddy
and company’s Managing Director BV Srinivas Reddy, both of
whom are in jail, and then Mines Director VD Rajagopal,
presently in police custody, was questioned by CBI for over 8
hours today, sources said.
Srilakshmi arrived at the CBI office in Koti here at
around 10.30 am and came out at around 7.35 pm and is
understood to have been questioned over her alleged role in
the illegal mining case and for favouring OMC.
Srilakshmi was the secretary of Andhra Pradesh`s
industries department and Rajagopal was the then Mines
Director and vice-chairman and managing director (in-charge)
of AP Mineral Development Corporation during the period
2004-10 when alleged irregularities in grant of lease and
permits to OMC surfaced.
CBI, probing the alleged illegal mining and
irregularities in allotment of mining leases to OMC had
arrested Janardhana Reddy and his brother-in-law BV Srinivas
Reddy from Bellary in Karnataka on September 5 while Rajagopal
was arrested by the agency on Sunday last after he allegedly
did not cooperate with CBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cloudbursts, rainfall in Tehri district of Uttarakhand; Gangotri-Kedarnath road closed, pilgrims stranded
- WATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid - UEFA Champions League final
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond
- Narendra Modi government failed to create jobs, aid agriculture: Congress
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond says Judi Dench