IAS officers in Andhra join to fight graft
Hyderabad: A bunch of young IAS officers of
the Andhra Pradesh cadre has been quietly going ahead with its
crusade against corruption even as the country is swayed by a
strong anti-graft sentiment.
Half-a-dozen IAS officers of the state cadre, who call
themselves `The Invisible Crusaders`, have teamed up to fight
corruption within the administration.
Nobody exactly knows who the officers are, what they do
and how they do but the `Invisible Crusaders` go about their
job silently, within their means, and try to correct a system
that is afflicted with an "unbridled malignancy" called
The group has a `mentor`, a senior bureaucrat known
for his integrity, who guides the team by offering advise and
all necessary inputs.
The group`s modus operandi is something like this: Each
officer first picks up the sincere and honest employees under
him and with their help, identifies the corrupt ones as well.
Rather than taking disciplinary action straightaway,
the officer would initiate steps that would clearly let the
corrupt persons know they are being marked.
At an opportune time, the corrupt ones will be hit.
"Once hit, the corrupt employee will be doomed. Our
action will be so drastic, within the legal means," an
Invisible Crusader said.
In fact, some of the recent corruption cases cracked
by the state`s Anti-Corruption Bureau, including one against
an all-India service officer, were based on the leads provided
by the Invisible Crusaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- Being obese can cause 13 types of cancer, say scientists
- All you want to know about Krishna Janmashtami: Muhurat, puja vidhi and timings!
- Tillakaratne Dilshan to retire from international cricket after 3rd ODI, two T20Is against Australia
- Stand by what I said about RSS, will never stop fighting its hateful agenda: Rahul Gandhi
- Mercedes to have petrol option for all models in India by September