IAS officers in Andhra join to fight graft
Hyderabad: A bunch of young IAS officers of
the Andhra Pradesh cadre has been quietly going ahead with its
crusade against corruption even as the country is swayed by a
strong anti-graft sentiment.
Half-a-dozen IAS officers of the state cadre, who call
themselves `The Invisible Crusaders`, have teamed up to fight
corruption within the administration.
Nobody exactly knows who the officers are, what they do
and how they do but the `Invisible Crusaders` go about their
job silently, within their means, and try to correct a system
that is afflicted with an "unbridled malignancy" called
The group has a `mentor`, a senior bureaucrat known
for his integrity, who guides the team by offering advise and
all necessary inputs.
The group`s modus operandi is something like this: Each
officer first picks up the sincere and honest employees under
him and with their help, identifies the corrupt ones as well.
Rather than taking disciplinary action straightaway,
the officer would initiate steps that would clearly let the
corrupt persons know they are being marked.
At an opportune time, the corrupt ones will be hit.
"Once hit, the corrupt employee will be doomed. Our
action will be so drastic, within the legal means," an
Invisible Crusader said.
In fact, some of the recent corruption cases cracked
by the state`s Anti-Corruption Bureau, including one against
an all-India service officer, were based on the leads provided
by the Invisible Crusaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says