IIT-Bombay student found dead in Vizag hotel
Visakhapatnam: A 26-year-old student of IIT Bombay was found dead in his hotel room here under mysterious circumstances on Sunday, police said.
"S Sivateja came here from Hyderabad on January 16 and has been staying in a room he has booked in a local lodge. He was last seen yesterday when he came out of his room and asked the staff to bring a bottle of water," a police official said.
Police said the incident came to light this morning when the room cleaning staff failed to get any response from Sivateja`s room despite repeated knocking on the door.
"Suspecting that something was amiss, the hotel staff informed police who broke open the door and found Sivateja`s body in bathroom," the officer said.
Police said Sivateja`s face was covered with a plastic sheet which was taped around his neck.
Police also found dismantled components of his mobile phone, an identity card and other personal belongings.
According to police, Sivateja`s parents, who hailed from Hyderabad, had already lodged a missing person complaint with Mumbai police two days back after they lost contact with him.
Police suspect it to be the case of suicide and are conducting further investigations.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata