IIT-Bombay student found dead in Vizag hotel
Visakhapatnam: A 26-year-old student of IIT Bombay was found dead in his hotel room here under mysterious circumstances on Sunday, police said.
"S Sivateja came here from Hyderabad on January 16 and has been staying in a room he has booked in a local lodge. He was last seen yesterday when he came out of his room and asked the staff to bring a bottle of water," a police official said.
Police said the incident came to light this morning when the room cleaning staff failed to get any response from Sivateja`s room despite repeated knocking on the door.
"Suspecting that something was amiss, the hotel staff informed police who broke open the door and found Sivateja`s body in bathroom," the officer said.
Police said Sivateja`s face was covered with a plastic sheet which was taped around his neck.
Police also found dismantled components of his mobile phone, an identity card and other personal belongings.
According to police, Sivateja`s parents, who hailed from Hyderabad, had already lodged a missing person complaint with Mumbai police two days back after they lost contact with him.
Police suspect it to be the case of suicide and are conducting further investigations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?