IIT-Bombay student found dead in Vizag hotel
Visakhapatnam: A 26-year-old student of IIT Bombay was found dead in his hotel room here under mysterious circumstances on Sunday, police said.
"S Sivateja came here from Hyderabad on January 16 and has been staying in a room he has booked in a local lodge. He was last seen yesterday when he came out of his room and asked the staff to bring a bottle of water," a police official said.
Police said the incident came to light this morning when the room cleaning staff failed to get any response from Sivateja`s room despite repeated knocking on the door.
"Suspecting that something was amiss, the hotel staff informed police who broke open the door and found Sivateja`s body in bathroom," the officer said.
Police said Sivateja`s face was covered with a plastic sheet which was taped around his neck.
Police also found dismantled components of his mobile phone, an identity card and other personal belongings.
According to police, Sivateja`s parents, who hailed from Hyderabad, had already lodged a missing person complaint with Mumbai police two days back after they lost contact with him.
Police suspect it to be the case of suicide and are conducting further investigations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi