Illegal assets of AP Official unearthed
Hyderabad: Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) on Saturday unearthed disproportionate assets worth over Rs 1.15 crore, allegedly belonging to a senior assistant official in Mandal Parishad Development office at Ravulapalem in East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh.
ACB officials conducted simultaneous searches at the residences of the concerned official, Immaniel Kumar, as well as at the houses of his relatives and friends located in different parts of East Godavari and Visakhapatnam.
During these searches, assets to a tune of Rs 1.15 crore, disproportionate to his known sources of income, were unearthed, an ACB release said here.
The assets include several houses, 20 acres of agriculture land, house-hold articles, among other things. The case is under investigation.
- 54 crore Indians in grip of drought: Swaraj Abhiyan
- Justice Rastogi backs CJI Thakur's appeal to increase number of judges
- Delhi-Faizabad Express derails near Hapur; 70 injured, emergency number issued
- VVIP chopper deal probe: CBI to grill former-IAF chief SP Tyagi, his 2 brothers today; major set-back for Sonia Gandhi?
- Colombia deports top Peruvian crime lord