Illegal mining case: CBI quizzes Somashekhar Reddy
Hyderabad: The CBI, probing the alleged illegal mining and irregularities in allotment of mining leases to Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC), on Thursday questioned Gali Somashekhar Reddy, a brother of former Karnataka minister and mining baron G Janardhan Reddy, now in CBI custody.
Somashekhar Reddy, an MLA from Karnataka and his brother, former Karnataka minister G Karunakara Reddy, were summoned to appear before the central agency in connection with the illegal mining case, officials said.
While Somashekhar was interrogated today, Karunakara Reddy and few officials of some mining companies, who too were served notices yesterday, are likely to appear before the CBI here tomorrow.
Meanwhile, the investigating agency continued interrogation of Janardhan Reddy and his brother-in-law BV Srinivas Reddy, who is managing director of OMC, for the third consecutive day today, officials said.
The special court here had earlier dismissed the bail pleas of both Janardhan and Srinivas Reddy, and ordered that they be handed over to the investigating agency for their custodial investigation till September 19.
The Reddy duo were arrested on September 05 by a CBI team from Bellary in Karnataka after searches were conducted at their premises in connection with the alleged illegal mining activities.
The CBI had registered a case against OMC on December 07, 2009 at the request of Andhra Pradesh government in the wake of allegations of illegal mining and irregularities in allotment of mining leases to the company in Obulapuram and
Malpanagudi villages in Anantapur district of the state.
The CBI has been asked to produce the Reddys in court again on September 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption