Illegal mining: CBI questions retired bureaucrat
Hyderabad: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Wednesday questioned retired bureaucrat K Prabhakar Reddy in the illegal mining case involving Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC) owned by former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhan Reddy.
The Indian Administrative Service (IAS) official, who retired from service in 2009, appeared before a CBI team as a witness.
Prabhakar Reddy, who was serving in the office of then chief minister YS Rajasekhara Reddy, allegedly played a role in granting iron ore mining leases to OMC.
Prabhakar Reddy is the third IAS official to be questioned by the CBI in the case. It quizzed Family Welfare Commissioner Y Srilakshmi several times. As then industries secretary in charge of mines, she allegedly played a key role in granting mining leases.
The investigating agency Sunday questioned MGVK Bhanu. The Assam cadre IAS official, who is currently the Tea Board chairman, was on deputation to Andhra Pradesh government in the capacity of a special secretary to the then chief minister.
Janardhana Reddy, OMC managing director Srinivasa Rao, and former director of mines VD Rajagopal have already been arrested in the case.
Srilakshmi figures as the fourth accused in the case. The CBI officials claimed to have built a strong case against all the four accused.
The investigating agency plans to file the charge sheet before December 3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security