Illegally procured ammonium nitrate seized in Vizag
Visakhapatnam: Police have seized around 750 kg of ammonium nitrate, which is used in explosives, from a village under Ankapalle rural police station limits in the district.
Acting on a tip-off, Anakapalle rural police conducted raids on a building near a stone quarry at VV Ramanam Colony and found 15 bags of ammonium nitrate late last night.
Police said, 46-year-old, N Venkateswara Rao had procured the ammonium nitrate without any permissions from Visakhapatnam, to sell it, illegally, to quarry owners in Anakapalle mandal.
Rao, a former quarry worker, was expert in blasting for mining, they added. He has been arrested under Explosive Substances Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani attempted suicide or big security lapse by jail authorities?
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch