Illegally procured ammonium nitrate seized in Vizag
Visakhapatnam: Police have seized around 750 kg of ammonium nitrate, which is used in explosives, from a village under Ankapalle rural police station limits in the district.
Acting on a tip-off, Anakapalle rural police conducted raids on a building near a stone quarry at VV Ramanam Colony and found 15 bags of ammonium nitrate late last night.
Police said, 46-year-old, N Venkateswara Rao had procured the ammonium nitrate without any permissions from Visakhapatnam, to sell it, illegally, to quarry owners in Anakapalle mandal.
Rao, a former quarry worker, was expert in blasting for mining, they added. He has been arrested under Explosive Substances Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray