Illegally procured ammonium nitrate seized in Vizag
Visakhapatnam: Police have seized around 750 kg of ammonium nitrate, which is used in explosives, from a village under Ankapalle rural police station limits in the district.
Acting on a tip-off, Anakapalle rural police conducted raids on a building near a stone quarry at VV Ramanam Colony and found 15 bags of ammonium nitrate late last night.
Police said, 46-year-old, N Venkateswara Rao had procured the ammonium nitrate without any permissions from Visakhapatnam, to sell it, illegally, to quarry owners in Anakapalle mandal.
Rao, a former quarry worker, was expert in blasting for mining, they added. He has been arrested under Explosive Substances Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply