Impose President`s rule in Andhra: Naidu
Hyderabad: Stating that there was a breakdown of administration in Andhra Pradesh over the Telangana
issue, senior BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu on Monday said the
prevailing conditions in the state call for imposition of
"BJP generally does not favour imposition of President`s
rule. But what else do you need to justify a President`s rule
in the state," he asked.
"Is there a rule at all? The state Cabinet is not able to
meet regularly. Several ministers have already resigned. The
administration has come to a standstill. The State Secretariat
is not working. Many MLAs have resigned for some reason or
other. Strangely, some MLAs have quit for the second time.
Some MPs also have submitted resignations," he told reporters
"Some ministers criticise the Chief Minister. Some MPs
abuse each other. The Governor has failed. Some ministers say
they have no confidence in government security and want to
have private security. Is it not a breakdown? The Congress
rule has turned out to be a curse to the state," Naidu said.
Slamming the UPA government for dilly-dallying on the
Telangana issue, he demanded that it takes a decision on the
contentious matter at least now.
Naidu was speaking after releasing a poster on the
`Jan Chetana Yatra` of veteran BJP leader L K Advani.
BJP leader K Laxman said Advani`s yatra would be held in
Andhra Pradesh for two days -- October 18 and 19. Two public
meetings -- at Nizamabad and in Hyderabad -- will be held as
part of the yatra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?