Infant falls into borewell in AP; rescue on
Hyderabad: A one-year-old boy fell into a borewell while playing near his house at a village in Andhra Pradesh`s Mahabubnagar district on Wednesday, police said.
Tirumalesh, who was playing near his house at Bingidoddi
village, slipped into the 20-feet deep abandoned borewell this
evening, police said.
After hearing the cries of the infant, villagers
approached revenue and police officials for help, they said.
Revenue authorities are digging a hole parallel to the
borewell to rescue Tirumalesh, a police official supervising
the work said.
Parents of the child and a large number of villagers
gathered at the scene.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters