Injured MIM MLA Owaisi discharged from hospital
Hyderabad: Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen
(MIM) legislator Akbaruddin Owaisi, undergoing treatment for
the past 20 days at a corporate hospital here for bullet and
stab injuries sustained during an attack on him, was
discharged on Friday.
His elder brother and Hyderabad MP Asaduddin Owaisi drove
him in a car after his discharge from the hospital.
Owaisi, who represents Chandrayangutta Assembly
constituency, was attacked by a group of 10 assailants with
sharp weapons and firearms near the MIM office at Barkas here
on April 30.
The Central Crime Station(CCS) -- a wing of Hyderabad
Police probing the incident -- has so far arrested 13 persons
including prime suspect Mohammad Pahalwan, who allegedly
masterminded the attack on the MIM legislator.
One of the assailants Ibrahim Bin Younus Yafai, who was
hit by a bullet when the gunman of another MIM MLA Ahmed
Balala accompanying Owaisi opened fire in retaliation, has
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren