Injured MIM MLA Owaisi discharged from hospital
Hyderabad: Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen
(MIM) legislator Akbaruddin Owaisi, undergoing treatment for
the past 20 days at a corporate hospital here for bullet and
stab injuries sustained during an attack on him, was
discharged on Friday.
His elder brother and Hyderabad MP Asaduddin Owaisi drove
him in a car after his discharge from the hospital.
Owaisi, who represents Chandrayangutta Assembly
constituency, was attacked by a group of 10 assailants with
sharp weapons and firearms near the MIM office at Barkas here
on April 30.
The Central Crime Station(CCS) -- a wing of Hyderabad
Police probing the incident -- has so far arrested 13 persons
including prime suspect Mohammad Pahalwan, who allegedly
masterminded the attack on the MIM legislator.
One of the assailants Ibrahim Bin Younus Yafai, who was
hit by a bullet when the gunman of another MIM MLA Ahmed
Balala accompanying Owaisi opened fire in retaliation, has
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan