Inquiry ordered into moral policing by Hyderabad Police
Hyderabad: The city police has ordered an inquiry into an incident in which some young people were seen in a video clip doing sit-ups in a public place here in the presence of police.
Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) has been asked to inquire into the incident, which has been described as an act of moral policing, and submit a report, a police official said.
The incident, reported by some television news channels, is said to have happened at the Golconda Fort and Qutb Shahi tombs complex here, a few days ago.
There have been complaints from tourists, including foreigners about couples allegedly indulging in acts of "obscenity" at the site, the official said.
"Any action should be as per law. Sit-ups is not correct," he said, adding that all the facts of the matter would be known after the inquiry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown