Inquiry ordered into moral policing by Hyderabad Police
Hyderabad: The city police has ordered an inquiry into an incident in which some young people were seen in a video clip doing sit-ups in a public place here in the presence of police.
Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) has been asked to inquire into the incident, which has been described as an act of moral policing, and submit a report, a police official said.
The incident, reported by some television news channels, is said to have happened at the Golconda Fort and Qutb Shahi tombs complex here, a few days ago.
There have been complaints from tourists, including foreigners about couples allegedly indulging in acts of "obscenity" at the site, the official said.
"Any action should be as per law. Sit-ups is not correct," he said, adding that all the facts of the matter would be known after the inquiry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS