Inquiry ordered into moral policing by Hyderabad Police
Hyderabad: The city police has ordered an inquiry into an incident in which some young people were seen in a video clip doing sit-ups in a public place here in the presence of police.
Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) has been asked to inquire into the incident, which has been described as an act of moral policing, and submit a report, a police official said.
The incident, reported by some television news channels, is said to have happened at the Golconda Fort and Qutb Shahi tombs complex here, a few days ago.
There have been complaints from tourists, including foreigners about couples allegedly indulging in acts of "obscenity" at the site, the official said.
"Any action should be as per law. Sit-ups is not correct," he said, adding that all the facts of the matter would be known after the inquiry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you