Inquiry ordered into moral policing by Hyderabad Police
Hyderabad: The city police has ordered an inquiry into an incident in which some young people were seen in a video clip doing sit-ups in a public place here in the presence of police.
Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) has been asked to inquire into the incident, which has been described as an act of moral policing, and submit a report, a police official said.
The incident, reported by some television news channels, is said to have happened at the Golconda Fort and Qutb Shahi tombs complex here, a few days ago.
There have been complaints from tourists, including foreigners about couples allegedly indulging in acts of "obscenity" at the site, the official said.
"Any action should be as per law. Sit-ups is not correct," he said, adding that all the facts of the matter would be known after the inquiry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef