Inquiry ordered into moral policing by Hyderabad Police
Hyderabad: The city police has ordered an inquiry into an incident in which some young people were seen in a video clip doing sit-ups in a public place here in the presence of police.
Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) has been asked to inquire into the incident, which has been described as an act of moral policing, and submit a report, a police official said.
The incident, reported by some television news channels, is said to have happened at the Golconda Fort and Qutb Shahi tombs complex here, a few days ago.
There have been complaints from tourists, including foreigners about couples allegedly indulging in acts of "obscenity" at the site, the official said.
"Any action should be as per law. Sit-ups is not correct," he said, adding that all the facts of the matter would be known after the inquiry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside
- Battles in Libya's Sirte kill 34 fighters, injure over 180