Institutes in non-Telangana protest attack on teachers
Vijayawada: Educational institutions in Vijayawada and elsewhere in non-Telangana regions of Andhra Pradesh remained shut on Monday in protest against the attack on
teachers from the regions at Osmania University in Hyderabad allegedly by pro-Telangana students.
The students and political activists held demonstrations at Vijayawada in coastal Andhra and towns like Kadapa in Rayalaseema.
The students demanded that the TRS and Telangana Joint Action Committee (JAC) apologise for the attack.
The students and workers of various political parties in the coastal Andhra and Rayalseema regions have condemned the attack on teachers on Saturday at OU campus.
The teachers were supposed to do spot evaluation of B Ed examination papers. While several teachers managed to escape the mob fury, some of them were allegedly beaten up by pro-Telangana students.
The incident was also flayed by Chief Minister K Rosaiah and other top political leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical