Institutes in non-Telangana protest attack on teachers
Vijayawada: Educational institutions in Vijayawada and elsewhere in non-Telangana regions of Andhra Pradesh remained shut on Monday in protest against the attack on
teachers from the regions at Osmania University in Hyderabad allegedly by pro-Telangana students.
The students and political activists held demonstrations at Vijayawada in coastal Andhra and towns like Kadapa in Rayalaseema.
The students demanded that the TRS and Telangana Joint Action Committee (JAC) apologise for the attack.
The students and workers of various political parties in the coastal Andhra and Rayalseema regions have condemned the attack on teachers on Saturday at OU campus.
The teachers were supposed to do spot evaluation of B Ed examination papers. While several teachers managed to escape the mob fury, some of them were allegedly beaten up by pro-Telangana students.
The incident was also flayed by Chief Minister K Rosaiah and other top political leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH