International community condemns Hyderabad blasts
Washington/London: Countries across the world including the US, UK as well as the United Nations have condemned the Hyderabad blasts that claimed 16 lives and said they will work closely with India to tackle the "scourge of terrorism".
The US strongly condemned the "cowardly attack" in Hyderabad, saying that it stood with India in battling the "scourge of terrorism" and offered its assistance in probing the incident.
"Saw friend/Foreign Secretary Mathai- discussed importance of relationship w/ #India, expressed sympathies to brave people of #Hyderabad -JK," US Secretary of State John Kerry said in his first tweet as the top American diplomat after meeting with Foreign Secretary Ranjan Mathai.
Expressing dismay at the attacks in Hyderabad, British Foreign Office Minister responsible for UK`s relations with India, said, "I was appalled to hear of the bomb attacks in India today and my condolences go to those injured in Hyderabad and the families of those who lost their lives.
"....These attacks are a shocking reminder of the terrorist threat this country faces. I condemn this cowardly act of terror and, as agreed between the Prime Minister and Prime Minister Singh, the UK will continue to work closely with India to tackle the threat of terrorism wherever it occurs".
UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon also joined the international community in condemning the attack in Hyderabad.
"The Secretary-General strongly condemns the indiscriminate attacks against civilians which occurred in the Indian city of Hyderabad," said a statement issued by the office of the UN Secretary General yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Planning parenthood through surrogacy? Things you need to know
- When Muslim men chanted `Hindustan Zindabad`, `Pakistan Murdabad` slogans on Hyderabad roads – Watch
- US warns EU ahead of Apple tax evasion ruling
- Facebook, Twitter, Google failed to tackle terrorism: Panel
- Conversion of forest land the reason behind weakening of monsoon: Research