International community condemns Hyderabad blasts
Washington/London: Countries across the world including the US, UK as well as the United Nations have condemned the Hyderabad blasts that claimed 16 lives and said they will work closely with India to tackle the "scourge of terrorism".
The US strongly condemned the "cowardly attack" in Hyderabad, saying that it stood with India in battling the "scourge of terrorism" and offered its assistance in probing the incident.
"Saw friend/Foreign Secretary Mathai- discussed importance of relationship w/ #India, expressed sympathies to brave people of #Hyderabad -JK," US Secretary of State John Kerry said in his first tweet as the top American diplomat after meeting with Foreign Secretary Ranjan Mathai.
Expressing dismay at the attacks in Hyderabad, British Foreign Office Minister responsible for UK`s relations with India, said, "I was appalled to hear of the bomb attacks in India today and my condolences go to those injured in Hyderabad and the families of those who lost their lives.
"....These attacks are a shocking reminder of the terrorist threat this country faces. I condemn this cowardly act of terror and, as agreed between the Prime Minister and Prime Minister Singh, the UK will continue to work closely with India to tackle the threat of terrorism wherever it occurs".
UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon also joined the international community in condemning the attack in Hyderabad.
"The Secretary-General strongly condemns the indiscriminate attacks against civilians which occurred in the Indian city of Hyderabad," said a statement issued by the office of the UN Secretary General yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Say goodbye to your acidity woes with these ten simple tips!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital