IPS row: Eluru DIG submits report to AP Home Minister
Kakinada: Andhra Pradesh Home Minister P Sabitha Reddy on Sunday said she has received the report of Eluru DIG inquiring into alleged row between two IPS officers.
"The DIG`s report is yet to be placed on my table. After scrutinising the report we will initiate appropriate action....It`s a serious matter...Two IPS officers should not indulge in such controversies bringing disrepute to the department," she told reporters here.
Eluru Range DIG Suryaprakasha Rao has been appointed as the inquiry officer to look into the row between Rampachodavaram Assistant Superintendent of Police B Naveen Kumar and the East Godavari SP CM Trivikrama Varma. The ASP had alleged that the SP has filed four cases in a police station against him.
Reddy was in the district to inaugurate two police buildings at different places.
She informed that as many as 42,000 police constables have been recruited by the state government in last three years in a bid to strengthen the police force.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak