IPS row: Eluru DIG submits report to AP Home Minister
Kakinada: Andhra Pradesh Home Minister P Sabitha Reddy on Sunday said she has received the report of Eluru DIG inquiring into alleged row between two IPS officers.
"The DIG`s report is yet to be placed on my table. After scrutinising the report we will initiate appropriate action....It`s a serious matter...Two IPS officers should not indulge in such controversies bringing disrepute to the department," she told reporters here.
Eluru Range DIG Suryaprakasha Rao has been appointed as the inquiry officer to look into the row between Rampachodavaram Assistant Superintendent of Police B Naveen Kumar and the East Godavari SP CM Trivikrama Varma. The ASP had alleged that the SP has filed four cases in a police station against him.
Reddy was in the district to inaugurate two police buildings at different places.
She informed that as many as 42,000 police constables have been recruited by the state government in last three years in a bid to strengthen the police force.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre