IPS row: Eluru DIG submits report to AP Home Minister
Kakinada: Andhra Pradesh Home Minister P Sabitha Reddy on Sunday said she has received the report of Eluru DIG inquiring into alleged row between two IPS officers.
"The DIG`s report is yet to be placed on my table. After scrutinising the report we will initiate appropriate action....It`s a serious matter...Two IPS officers should not indulge in such controversies bringing disrepute to the department," she told reporters here.
Eluru Range DIG Suryaprakasha Rao has been appointed as the inquiry officer to look into the row between Rampachodavaram Assistant Superintendent of Police B Naveen Kumar and the East Godavari SP CM Trivikrama Varma. The ASP had alleged that the SP has filed four cases in a police station against him.
Reddy was in the district to inaugurate two police buildings at different places.
She informed that as many as 42,000 police constables have been recruited by the state government in last three years in a bid to strengthen the police force.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'