IPS row: Eluru DIG submits report to AP Home Minister
Kakinada: Andhra Pradesh Home Minister P Sabitha Reddy on Sunday said she has received the report of Eluru DIG inquiring into alleged row between two IPS officers.
"The DIG`s report is yet to be placed on my table. After scrutinising the report we will initiate appropriate action....It`s a serious matter...Two IPS officers should not indulge in such controversies bringing disrepute to the department," she told reporters here.
Eluru Range DIG Suryaprakasha Rao has been appointed as the inquiry officer to look into the row between Rampachodavaram Assistant Superintendent of Police B Naveen Kumar and the East Godavari SP CM Trivikrama Varma. The ASP had alleged that the SP has filed four cases in a police station against him.
Reddy was in the district to inaugurate two police buildings at different places.
She informed that as many as 42,000 police constables have been recruited by the state government in last three years in a bid to strengthen the police force.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Vijender Singh out of Olympic contention, wishes best for Vikas Krishan
- Jasprit Bumrah jumps to career best No. 2 spot in ICC T20I Rankings
- Water tanker scam: ACB summons Delhi Water Minister Kapil Mishra for questioning
- Now recharge your body and phone with KFC's 'Watt a Box' meal!- Watch
- Volkswagen to pay $10 billion in US over emissions scandal: Source