Irked with SRS, TRS warns intensified agitation
Hyderabad: Taking exception to the comments
of AICC leaders favouring a States` Reorganisation Commission
(SRC) to go into the issue of smaller states, TRS on Thursday warned
of an intensified agitation if the Centre did not give
separate state with Hyderabad as its capital.
"Each leader (of AICC) is making comments as they wish.
Any ideas like SRC, regional council for Telangana are not
acceptable to us. We want Telangana with Hyderabad as its
capital. We will launch a cyclone-like agitation if that is
not done," TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao told reporters
here after a meeting of the party politburo here.
He was asked about the comments of AICC spokesman Rashid
Alvi favouring constituting a second SRC to go into the issue
of creation of smaller states.
Union Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad, in-charge of Congress
affairs in Andhra Pradesh, has promised to make a statement on
Telangana issue after the Diwali festival season is over and
he should keep his word, the TRS president said.
The TRS politburo passed a resolution demanding that the
Centre form separate Telangana as it "existed prior to the
formation of Andhra Pradesh".
Another resolution demanded that the Centre pass a bill
for formation of separate state in the winter session of
The TRS MLAs and MPs would stall the winter session of
Assembly and Parliament respectively demanding that a
resolution for formation of separate Telangana be taken up, he
The TRS MLAs and other leaders would undertake
`padayatras` in all Telangana districts between November 16 to
The TRS politburo discussed few proposals like the party
MLAs taking up fast-unto-death and undertaking a `bus yatra`
in support of the separate statehood demand and it will be
taken in the party`s state executive, Rao said.
He demanded that Telugu Desam Chief N Chandrababu Naidu
move a no-confidence motion against the Congress government in
the coming winter session of the state assembly if he is
sincere in fighting against the ruling party.
The TRS does not have the required strength for the
no-trust move to be accepted by the Speaker, Rao said.
The strength of TRS has gone up to 17 in the 294-member
house after two TDP and three Congress MLAs joined the party.
Claiming that more MLAs from Congress and TDP are likely
to join his party, he said TRS would make efforts to emerge as
a dominant political force in Telangana region.
The TRS politburo also demanded that the entire Telangana
region of Andhra Pradesh be declared as drought-hit in view of
the prevailing conditions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price