Irked with SRS, TRS warns intensified agitation
Hyderabad: Taking exception to the comments
of AICC leaders favouring a States` Reorganisation Commission
(SRC) to go into the issue of smaller states, TRS on Thursday warned
of an intensified agitation if the Centre did not give
separate state with Hyderabad as its capital.
"Each leader (of AICC) is making comments as they wish.
Any ideas like SRC, regional council for Telangana are not
acceptable to us. We want Telangana with Hyderabad as its
capital. We will launch a cyclone-like agitation if that is
not done," TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao told reporters
here after a meeting of the party politburo here.
He was asked about the comments of AICC spokesman Rashid
Alvi favouring constituting a second SRC to go into the issue
of creation of smaller states.
Union Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad, in-charge of Congress
affairs in Andhra Pradesh, has promised to make a statement on
Telangana issue after the Diwali festival season is over and
he should keep his word, the TRS president said.
The TRS politburo passed a resolution demanding that the
Centre form separate Telangana as it "existed prior to the
formation of Andhra Pradesh".
Another resolution demanded that the Centre pass a bill
for formation of separate state in the winter session of
The TRS MLAs and MPs would stall the winter session of
Assembly and Parliament respectively demanding that a
resolution for formation of separate Telangana be taken up, he
The TRS MLAs and other leaders would undertake
`padayatras` in all Telangana districts between November 16 to
The TRS politburo discussed few proposals like the party
MLAs taking up fast-unto-death and undertaking a `bus yatra`
in support of the separate statehood demand and it will be
taken in the party`s state executive, Rao said.
He demanded that Telugu Desam Chief N Chandrababu Naidu
move a no-confidence motion against the Congress government in
the coming winter session of the state assembly if he is
sincere in fighting against the ruling party.
The TRS does not have the required strength for the
no-trust move to be accepted by the Speaker, Rao said.
The strength of TRS has gone up to 17 in the 294-member
house after two TDP and three Congress MLAs joined the party.
Claiming that more MLAs from Congress and TDP are likely
to join his party, he said TRS would make efforts to emerge as
a dominant political force in Telangana region.
The TRS politburo also demanded that the entire Telangana
region of Andhra Pradesh be declared as drought-hit in view of
the prevailing conditions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- Yuvraj Singh: Onus on Sunrisers Hyderabad's all-rounder to guide Warner & Co to IPL final vs RCB
- Moved on after Twitter-spat with Irani: Priyanka Chaturvedi
- Speculation abounds over new Taliban chief`s leaked photo
- Watch video: This is just not the way this cat's humans expected it to behave on seeing a rat!
- There are 'no good or bad terrorists': Pranab Mukherjee tells Xi Jinping