IRS officer, inspector among 4 booked for manhandling woman in AP
Hyderabad: An Indian Revenue Service officer and three others, including an inspector, were on Wednesday booked in connection with alleged manhandling of a woman.
IRS officer Veerbhadram, suspended inspector P Srinivas Reddy and two others were booked under relevant sections of the IPC on a complaint lodged by the woman, a Government employee, over the incident, whose footage was broadcast by a local TV channel, they said.
Reddy, attached to Balanagar Police station, was present at the time of the incident and was subsequently suspended.
On May 10, Cyberabad Police chief had ordered an inquiry after the footage was aired. However, it is still not clear when and where the incident took place.
"The IRS official is alleged to have manhandled a woman over some matter and provoked her to attempt suicide," Cyberabad Police Commissioner Dwarka Tirumala Rao had said while ordering the probe.
The woman has accused the IRS officer of harassing her and family members over a period of time, demanding Rs 25 lakh and proposing her for marriage.
The IRS official has denied the allegations and termed the woman as a "blackmailer".
Veerbhadram has claimed he had sold a piece of land to the woman`s family and they owed him money.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!