It`s a historic victory, says Jaipal Reddy
New Delhi/Hyderabad: Union Science and Technology Minister S Jaipal Reddy Thursday termed as, a historic victory, the passing of draft bill by the union cabinet for formation of Telangana state.
The lone cabinet minister from Telangana was confident that the bill would be tabled in the parliament during the winter session and the separate state would be a reality in the new year.
He said people of Telangana would always be grateful to Congress president Sonia Gandhi for fulfilling their aspiration.
Jaipal Reddy said despite the bifurcation, the Telugu-speaking people of Telangana and Seemandhra would remain one. He paid tributes to those who laid down their lives for separate Telangana state.
Congress MPs and other leaders from Telangana, Telangana Joint Action Committee (TJAC) chairman M. Kodandaram and other leaders called on Jaipal Reddy and congratulated him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves